Conditions of Service
MES Volunteer Scheme offers both short and long term contracts. The schemes key objective is to enhance knowledge in Sustainable Environment Management and build capacity in engaging in environment projects in local communities, tourism industry and Fiji school system . Our major work area is focused in the Mamanuca group of Islands and villages, 11 member resorts and 7 Mamanuca Primary Schools situated in the islands and in the mainland. MES Volunteer Scheme is an equal opportunity programme which welcomes interested applicants in becoming a professional environment and marine expert. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. To become a MES volunteer you should have the following values and commitment, and possess the following professional qualifications:
Values and commitment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to the values and principles;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Prior volunteering experience is an asset.
- A university degree or diploma or certificate qualification in Environment/ Marine Science/Affairs, Biology or Geography.
- Opportunities are also open to current tertiary student in the above qualifications.
- Should be at least age 20 when taking up an assignment (there is no upper age limit).
- Can speak fluent English. Speaking Fijian language would be an advantage.
- Can stay in Fijian communities or member resorts for the duration of the assigned task.